Friday 8 November 2013

Digital Play

To be absolutely honest, I'd never considered gamifying my class, since I'm not a player myself. Still, I do agree with the idea that games engage learners more than other activities may do, and their integration into our lessons may positively surprise as well as enthrall learners of all ages.

The game I've tried is HeroMachine, which I believe is useful for SS to create their Hero and use it later for different classroom activities. Almost as a sort of Avatar. My hero is TechnoWoman!
http://www.heromachine.com


1 comment:

  1. Hi Agostina,
    I like your post and your hero! I have a question though, because I haven't played this game...when exactly is it that students engage in language learning? I mean, I guess in order to create the hero they must make decisions and read possibilities in English, but my question is, what happens after that? Is there an actual "encounter" with other heroes or is it just creating the hero?
    Thank you!
    Best,
    Aldana

    ReplyDelete