Tuesday 19 November 2013

FINAL REFLECTION

My Final Reflection on the Course

I liked the way we worked over the subject in groups and through reflection and sharing personal experience. I believe integrating technology in the classroom is far from easy, particularly when the resources are limited. 
A short anecdote: two weeks ago I intended to work on a video session with my students at school. I had the file in my stick and when I was trying to watch the video there was a problem with the computer, which did not work well, and I 'wasted' 20 minutes trying to fix this, fortunately, with some help. In the end, we managed to watch the video and the lesson turned out alright. 
Technology integration takes time in every sense of the expression: it takes time to be incorporated and it takes time when the resources are not best quality, just as when the teacher is not perfectly trained to work with it. 
That is another aspect of technology: in many ways it requires training on the part of teachers! That is nothing to object, but again, it takes time, which very often we teachers lack. 
Despite the possible drawbacks, technology is an interesting way of integrating knowledge, content, pedagogy and activity, while engaging students with more real-like tasks. 

I am happy to have had the possibility of taking this subject and learn as much as I have, and I believe this is only the beginning of my long way in teaching and, in particular, when it comes to technology integration in my profession. 

Thank you for having visited my blog and I will certainly keep you posted on my further discoveries!!



No comments:

Post a Comment