Friday 15 November 2013

PLN: Personal learning network

Why do I need to build a PLN? 


Networks fulfill many purposes, one of which is, for example, to keep you posted on issues in a certain field-- an example of this is the Facebook group for our teacher training college.


Here we can get updated information on courses and many other current affairs at school.

Personal Learning Networks are highly useful because not only do they allow you to concentrate your content, websites, bookmarks, and your own creations (i.e blogs and webpages), but it also allows you to share this with other people in your network. Thus, you have your own PLN, which is part of a larger network, with other members who share their information and content with you and who learn from you, as you learn from them.
For teachers, a PLN is a most interesting tool to enhance and make constant learning easier, as well as providing a great opportunity to contact other teachers and learn from their development.

I have recently found a site for creating PLNs, called The Educator's PLN. Here's the link to it:
http://edupln.ning.com/
I have just created my profile and I am still awaiting confirmation, so most probably I will update my post later on, when my account is confirmed.









4 comments:

  1. What a great network you've found! Hope you can share your experience on that site here soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I didn't know about The Educator's PLN! thanks for sharing it! I'll try it, I think I would be a great network. Maybe when our accounts are confirmed we could become "friends" there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, Anto and Ceci! Glad you found PLN interesting. Let's stay connected via this web.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great PLN Agos! Hope you're accepted...I will try it too! There are many members in it! I think it must be a very reliable site!

    ReplyDelete